Gokyo Cho La Pass EBC(Everest Base Camp) Trek chaperones you to the high Himalayan region for the best close-up view of the Mount Everest. Everest Region is the most prodigious trekking area in Nepal. Walking to the ‘king of all the mountains’ is an achievement in itself. The mesmerizing natural presence in the Everest region captivates thousands of trekkers from all over the world. Gokyo Cho La Pass EBC Trek bestows us with prodigious mountain panoramas, excellent hospitality of local Sherpa’s; Lush Himalaya’s flora, and the unique faunas.
Before, The trekking adventure commences with a thrilling flight to the Lukla airport. Which is also called Tenzing Hillary airport. Then, we will move our shanks through the Dudh Koshi Valley as we get deeper inside the Khumbu Region. Surrounded by the magnificent soaring peaks, we will head towards Namche Bazaar, which is the capital of the Khumbu Sherpa’s. Until the journey started, we can witness mountain peaks such as Mt. Everest (8,848m), Mt. Cho Oyu (8153m), Mt. Makalu (8,463m), Mt. Lhotse Shar (8,393m), and Mt. Lhotse (8,501m).
Gokyo Cho La Pass EBC trek is among the world’s most recommended trekking trails. And as an adventure freak, you mustn’t hold it back.
• Scenic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla
• Chance to witness abundant flora and fauna
• Trekking to the foothill of majestic Everest, the world’s tallest mountain.
• Visit Sherpa Museum suited in Namche Bazaar
• Enjoy the stay in Sherpa and Tamang villages
• Hike through three important and adventurous passes of Khumbu region
• Visit many century-old Buddhist monasteries,
• Stunning views Mt Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Thamserku, Amadablam, and many other mountains
Where to meet:
We will meet upon your arrival at Kathmandu at Tribhuwan International Airport.
Day to day Itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival
We will receive you at Tribhuvan International Airport. Then you shall be transferred to the hotel where you will spend two nights. During your leisure time, you will be visiting our office so that we could brief you about our program. Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 02: Kathmandu City Tour
Next morning, after enjoying your breakfast, we will visit Pashupatinath Temple, the center of Hindu pilgrimage. Then, we will visit Buddhist Stupa at Boudhnath and also enjoy the peace in Kathmandu Durbar Square. Durbar Square has many temples and monuments. On the way back to the hotel, you can do some shopping or explore the local areas. Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2840M) and trek to Phakding (2610M), 4 hrs,
After early morning breakfast, we will fly to Lukla. This 25 minutes scenic flight is a great adventure. Lukla airport is one of the most adventurous Airports in the whole world. If the weather is clear, we will get the spectacular views of the mountains ranges as we dive deep into the gorge of the Dudh Kosi valley. From Lukla, we will begin our trek with the view of Mt Nupla (5885m), Kwongde Range, and Kusum Kangaru (6367m). After a leisurely walk for a couple of hours, we will reach Phakding. Overnight in Phakding
Day 04: Trek to Namche (3440M), 6-7 hrs,
The path traces the Dudh Koshi valley to the north, passing through the oak and pines. After crossing the river twice by suspension bridges, we will arrive at the village of Monjo. Monjo is the entrance gate of the Sagarmatha National Park. After a slight climb to Jhorsalle, we can get a great view of Everest (8848m). Then the steep climb takes us to the beautiful village of Namche Bazaar that blesses us with the stunning views and a comfortable night. Overnight in Namche
Day 05: Exploring/ Acclimatization day in Namche (3440M),
Today, we will rest and let our bodies acclimatize to the increasing altitude. We can also do some short hiking around the place. Namche Bazaar is beautiful settlements in the region that has a delightful Sherpa house. You will have full day leisure to stroll around the Namche market, enjoy the views, and climb small hills. Overnight in Namche
Day 06: Trek to Phorste Thanga (3680M), 5-6 hrs,
We commence our trek walking through the forest around the hillside that lies just above the Dudh Kosi River. The trail climbs past some prayer wheels and the forest as we look out for the sight of musk deer and Himalayan Thar. Phorste Thanga offers an awe-inspiring view of Amadablam (6856m), Everest (8848m), Lhotse (8501m), Nuptse (7861m), and other Himalayan giants. During the evening, we will explore the region around. Overnight in Phorste Thanga
Day 07: Trek to Machherma (4470M), 5-6 hrs,
After morning breakfast, we will leave Phorste Thanga behind us. We will walk through the forest of rhododendron and juniper, looking for wild animals. As we walk through the narrow path, the Himalayan vista appears bright and beautiful. Overnight in Machherma
Day 08: Trek to Gokyo (4750M), 5-6 hrs,
Today, it’s an easy and shorter walk to Gokyo. After breakfast, we will commence our trek from Machherma and move through the land that is mostly downhill. Then we will stop for lunch and further trek before we get to Gokyo. Gokyo is the most beautiful valley in the Khumbu region that bestows us with many beautiful lakes, mesmerizing landscapes, and the magnificent Himalayan view. Overnight in Gokyo
Day 09: Trek to Gokyo-Ri (5357M) and back to Gokyo, 5-6 hrs
After days of hectic walk, today we will just rest and chill out in Gokyo Valley. During the day, we will climb Gokyo Ri to enjoy the scene from the most beautiful viewpoint of the Everest Region. Also, there are six lakes in the Gokyo region, which shouldn’t be missed. Fourth lake i.e. Thonak Tsho and the fifth lake i.e Ngozuma Tsho are the most beautiful ones. The views of Cho-Oyu, Everest, Gyachung Kang, Nuptse, Lhotse, and Makalu are just too beautiful. Overnight in Gokyo
Day 10: Trek to Thangna (4700M), 5-6 hrs,
Thangna is at the altitude of 4700m. This means today is all about ascending to the lower altitude. We will walk through the forest of rhododendron and Juniper, looking for wild animals. As we walk through the narrow road, the Himalayan vista appears bright and beautiful. Overnight in Thangna
Day 11: Trek to Dzongla (4830M), via Cross Cho-La Pass (5350M), 7-8 hrs
Today is a short trek towards Dzongla as we cross several streams and curving roads. As we walk, we can witness the Pheriche village that is visible down in the distance. Also, we can see the mound in Chukpi Lhara and the lodges of Dugla. It’s a tough walk to Cho-La Pass but, once we do the climb, the view is awe-inspiring. The vast Chola Lake that spreads below Mt. Cholatse is visible at this point. The lake stretch until we climb town to a wide basin. Overnight in Dzongla
Day 12: Trek to Lobuche (4910M), 5-6 hrs,
After the tough day of the walk, today’s trek is quite easy. We commence walking from Dzongla after morning breakfast. We will stroll as we enjoy the remoteness of the region and the power of nature’s presence!! After four to five hours of walk, we will reach Lobuche where the view of Everest is stunning. Overnight in Lobuche
Day 13: Trek to Gorakshep (5140M) via Everest Base Camp (5364M), 5-6 hrs,
We pass the pyramid sign post and move ahead towards the north ridge of Everest along with Mahalangur, Lingtern, Nuptse, etc. After a small ascent, we will reach Thangma Riju that offers a 360-degree panorama of snowy mountains. Climbing to the top through Changri glacier, we get the first glimpse of Kalapatthar. Once we land in Gorakshep, we will be all surrounded by the majestic snow-capped mountains. After a brief lunch, we will hike to Base Camp through Gorakshep Lake. We will enjoy the blessing of Nature for hours before getting back to Gorakshep. Overnight in Gorakshep
Day 14: Trek to Pheriche via Kalapatthar (5550M), 6-7 hrs,
Mornings in Gorakshep are usually bright and sparkling. So, early morning is the best time to climb the Kalapatthar (the highest point of our trek), which is about 2 km one way. Kalapatthar offers the world’s most definitive mountain views i.e 360-degree dramatic panoramic of Mt Everest and other mountains like Mt. Pumori, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Lingtren, Mt. Khumbetse, Mt. Ama Dablam, along with many other peaks.
Then it’s steep descent to Pheriche, which takes us about 4 to 5 hours. Overnight in Pheriche
Day 15: Trek to Tengboche (3860M), 5-6 hrs,
After a beautiful night in Pheriche, we will continue to walk downhill. We walk through the forest of oak and rhododendron, looking for the exotic wild lives in the region. After a couple of hours, we will stop for lunch in the small settlement and then continue to walk until we reach Tengboche. Overnight in Tengboche
Day 16: Trek to Monju (2835M), 5-6 hrs,
Instead of taking a classic route from Tengboche to Namche, we move towards Monju. After morning breakfast, we will continue to trek down through the hillside that is blanketed by the tress of rhododendron and juniper. After crossing a few suspension bridges, we will trek onwards to Monju. If we are lucky, we will witness the dense wildlife of Pheasants, Musk deer, Himalayan Griffons, and the wild goat during the trail. Overnight in Monju
Day 17: Trek to Lukla (2840M), 5-6 hrs,
The steep descent from Monju to Lukla is one of the toughest descents of the trek. Once we cross the high suspension bridge over Dudh Koshi; the route runs mostly level. We will pass through the forest with the distance view of snow-covered ranges before we arrive in Lukla. Overnight in Lukla
Day 18: Fly to Kathmandu (1350M), 25 minutes,
Waving goodbye to the Khumbu region and our porters, we will take a flight back to Kathmandu. As far as the weather allows us, the fight is scheduled early morning. Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 19: Departure
For the last day, we will drive you to the airport as per your flight schedule and wave you a final goodbye.
● Private transfer Airport-Hotel-Airport,
● Guided City Tour in Kathmandu by a Private Vehicle
● Kathmandu accommodation on twin sharing basis with breakfast
● Fly Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu (Yourself & guide),
● Down jackets and sleeping bags (if required)
● Everest National Park Entry Permit,
● TIMS permit (Trekker’s info Management System),
● Teahouse-Lodge accommodation throughout the trek,
● Three meals daily whereas on the trek: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner,
● Experienced communicatory government license holder mountain trekking guide,
● Experienced mountain trekking porter,
● All program per itineraries on full board as per itinerary,
● Wages, food, transportation, accommodation, equipment, insurance, and different facilities to employees throughout the trek,
● Farewell dinner at typical Nepali cultural Café/restaurant,
● Rescue arrangements,
● Local and government TAX-VAT etc.
● Meals (Lunch & Dinner) whereas in Kathmandu,
● Your travel/trekking insurance,
● International fare,
● Tips for trekking employees and driver (Tipping is expected),
● All types of alcoholic & soft drinks,
● Personal shopping, laundry, trekking instrumentation, etc.
● Nepal Entry Visa fee,
● Cost raised by cancelation, landslide, weather, political unrest, unwellness that aren’t beneath our management,
● Extra Night Accommodation in Kathmandu In- case of Early Arrival, Late Departure or Early Return from Trip (due to any reason) out of scheduled itinerary,
● Any different expenses that aren’t mentioned in the “Trip Includes” section etc.
● Monument entrance fees while on a tour in Kathmandu (approx USD26 per person)
● The departure schedule can be changed on any unavoidable circumstances such as weather hazards, festivals, natural changes of walking track, road slides, avalanches, public strikes, etc.
● We have got other additional programs like Mt. Flight, Bungee jumping, Paragliding, Helicopter tour, Film shooting, Rock climbing, Ultralight, Sightseeing, Jungle safari, etc. We can include these programs on your recent trip to your request.